Cornerstone - The preview was unresponsive after loading

I’ve downloaded and installed the latest X Theme and installed some demo content (Food Truck). When I attempt to open the Home Page with Cornerstone, it displays the Sections but no content - instead the error:

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page caching.

This is a clean install - the only plugin added is Rev Slider, so there’s no conflict and no caching plugin installed.

This error occurs on Chrome and Edge (forget IE - Cornerstone has never worked on IE) - tested on multiple machines.
I have uninstalled Cornerstone, reinstalled an older version and updated, same error.

I love the X Theme, this is my 5th licence - and with monotonous regularity, Cornerstone has an issue (usually endless spinning) - we need a rock solid stable release!

FIXED THE PROLEM

My server hosting company were using PHP v5.3, an update to v7.2.2 has resolved this issue.

Glad this is now sorted out. Thank you also for sharing the fixed. This will help others having the same issue!

Cheers.

I had and still have, the same problem.
I updated the PHP and that did not solve the problem. I also tried other suggestions like clearing cache, resetting htaccess file and checking plugins.
The plugin checking did work as I found disabling the ConvertPlus plugin fixed the issue. I can then re-enable the plugin after saving the content.
However, the same plugin does not seem to be an issue with Cornerstone everytime - just most times. It also does not seem to be a problem with the other websites I run.
As ConvertPlus is installed via the Pro X page extensions, I would hope this potential issue can be fixed up.

It is VERY disconcerting when Cornerstone fails to load a page for editing. It has happened way too many times and I have lost many hours/days when having to rebuild ‘corrupted’ pages. Before Cornerstone I had never had an issue in editing a Wordpress page HTML page - at the very least you can copy and paste the page html. But now with Cornerstone, any minor bug renders the page content completely lost. All my content seems ‘trapped’ in Cornerstone and since the jump to X Pro, Cornerstone is not very reliable. Even something as ‘simple’ as copy and pasting the html of a Cornerstone created page, will no show up when loading Cornerstone - you need to rebuild that page from scratch within Cornerstone.

I shouldn’t be fearful of losing my content and formatting. So while, in my case, that the issue is ConvertPlus, it is yet another example of issues that many people are having with Cornerstone.

I have been with X Theme for a long time and have many websites built with it. In the past I have highly recommended this theme to everyone. I still haven’t lost hope is its been a great theme, however, all these bugs need to be fixed and the theme itself, simplified.

Hi,

I have Convertplus on my test sites but can’t replicate this issue.

Can you try adding the code below in wp-config.php file located at the root directory site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If that doesn’t help kindly create a new topic then provide us your wordpress and ftp login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.