Cornerstone: The preview could not load

Hi. Suddenly there is this error.

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.
Origin URL: http://g-culture.com
Preview URL: http://g-culture.com/de/zuhause/

It appeared after newest Wordpress Auto-Update. There ist no plugin conflict. I deactivated all plugins but it did not affect it.

There is no caching.

Hope you can help.

Hey There,
​
​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
​
Thank you.

Thank you. I created secure note with login credentials.

For example please try editing http://g-culture.com/zuhause/ with Cornerstone. Page name is “Zuhause”

Thank you!

Hi there,

It should be okay now, the issue is with your translation plugin’s setting. Your language setting for URL is Die Sprache wurde vom Inhalt bestimmt, in which the language is determined by the content. You shouldn’t do that, or else it will redirect to the wrong page when you edit it (preview was redirected).

Thanks!

Hi! Thank you very much. That helps. I guess I have to implement another language plugin. (It is already the second one). Is there anything you can recommend using with cornerstone?

Thanks!

WPML is compatible with Cornerstone.

Thanks.

Hi, we bought WPML. But after activation…

A fatal error has occured…

Do you have any idea?

Kind regards
Michael

Hey Michael,

We need to enable the debug mode so that we will have the idea of what is this fatal error all about. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey, thank you. That’s what it said:

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Ce_Wp_Menu_Per_Page in /mnt/web122/b2/80/51300480/htdocs/g-culture/wp-content/plugins/ce-wp-menu-per-page/ce-wp-menu-per-page.php on line 38

Hey @imageforyou,

That is error is neither from X, Cornerstone nor WPML. It is coming from a third party plugin ce-wp-menu-per-page. I know you previously said you tested if there is a plugin conflict but can you please deactivate all third party plugins while we investigate? Also give us FTP access.

Thanks.

Yes - last time I deactivated all plugins and nothing changed.

But as per your request I will send you FTP credencials in a second as secure note. Thank you.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials but I was not able to see the error. But base on the error you provided above its the plugin ce-wp-menu-per-page. I was able to open the “Zuhause” page in Cornerstone so it seems deactivating the ce-wp-menu-per-page plugin works

But the Cornerstone very slow to load so I added this lines to your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Unfortunately, it did not improve the loading time as it seems your site/hosting plan is limited to only 128M. Also try deactivating this plugin (iThemes Security) and see if that improves the loading time of Cornerstone.

Another thing, please optimize this images and other images (these images are too big in filesize) from your site as it hinders the loading time.

http://g-culture.com/wp-content/uploads/Kickoff-Meeting-Messe-Frankfurt2-2017-03-23-for-web.jpg
http://g-culture.com/wp-content/uploads/Kickoff-Meeting-Messe-Frankfurt-2017-03-23-for-web.jpg

Thanks,

Thank you very much! I’ll have a deeper look. :raising_hand_man:t2:
Kind regards
Michael

You’re welcome, Michael.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.