Cornerstone slows down

Hi there

since a few days I have noticed, that Cornerstone extremely slows down, after working a while on one document. I have to close this document and open it again, so I can work for a other while.

Sometimes Cornerstone freezes, so I have to close Cornerstone an open it again.

Is there something I can do, to make Cornerstone work faster?

I work with the latest, fastest MacBook Pro with M2 MAX Processor, so the hardware should be ok.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hello @fbrugger,

Thanks for writing in! Did you have some custom code in your child theme or an active 3rd party plugin may be slowing down Cornerstone builder? You may do the following:

We would also love to check out your WP install if you wouldn’t mind. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel

thank you very much for your reply! I think, it has to do with the effects, which I added to a lot of the elements in this page. With all my other websites, I do’t have this issue, as they dont use effects for the elements.

Here are the login information for the website:

I am having the same issue since the update to WP 6.2 and Pro 6.1.10.

Cornerstone is running slow and sometime freezes. I have to exit to WP Dashboard then launch Cornerstone again to fix.

Hi @fbrugger,

I have checked your website and found the pages are loading perfectly in the Cornerstone. Can you please provide any video that helps us to recognize the problem?

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your reply! You have to work about 15 min with Cornerstone on one page, so you can see, how it slows down. I am pretty sure, it has to do with the effects, which I have applyed to the elements.

I have managed to take a screencapture movie from the page, after working about 15 mins. The scrolling of the builder is realy that jerky as in the movie. When editing some text, it takes several seconds for the builder to show it. The same is with images.

I’ve noticed this too recently. WP 6.2 updates React so I think we’ll have to investigate if that’s a potential issue. It works with React 18, but there’s some performance upgrades React does that you have to opt into. I’ll look into this more after the Pro 6.2 release on Monday.

Hi Charlie

Thank you very much for your response and for looking into this! For the moment I can work with it, as I just close the document if Cornerstone starts to slow down, and reopen the document for continuing the work.

Kind regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

You are most welcome.

Hi Charlie

Just wanted to let you know, that the Pro 6.2 release didn’t fix this issue. Did you already have time to look into this? At the moment it’s a bit tricky to work with Pro, as I will loose very much time with waiting for the programm…
Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Our development team is looking into the matter seriously and will fix and improve it in the next few upcoming releases.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.