Cornerstone slow to load and post grid invisible now in cornerstone

We just built a new website in X themes, and haven’t even gone live with it yet, it is still in a sandbox environment. Upon the advice on this forum, I recently upgraded to the latest versions of Cornerstone and X themes. All the elements are deemed “Classic” now. Which feels like legacy/i.e. just put in there for backwards compatibility. A little nervous about how many class items I have now. Is your recommendation that I would convert everything into the new elements? I also really like the UI of the classic elements better, I understand all the configuration options you put in the new elements, but it’s a little overwhelming.

But my real issues are two-fold:

  • Cornerstone takes a long time to load
  • Some of these “classic” elements do not appear in the editor.

In the private note I provide with my credentials, I will give you an example of each.

Regards,
Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for writing in!

First of all I just want to reassure you, that the Classic Elements are by no means legacy at all, they will continued to be supported and aren’t retired. You can still use the Classic Elements as you always have, we aren’t forcing and won’t be forcing anyone to use V2 elements.

I’ve taken a look at the site and the issue with The Grid element is known, while it will output front-end, it won’t output in Cornerstone, we’ve contacted The Grid author as it’s a third party element that we have no control over.

With regards to speed issues, I didn’t come across any in testing. Do you have any resource hungry apps open such as Photoshop or similar while editing? We have had that before, where resource hungry apps or websites have been opened that causes the browser to be sluggish and cause general slow down within the builder.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.