Cornerstone Running Slow Since Last Update

Hey guys, I updated X about a week ago and since, Cornerstone has been loading really slow. Once it loads, it works fine, it just takes about a minute on the logo screen before loading. Any Ideas on what I can do to resolve that?

Thanks!

Hello @reliantcares,

Thanks for writing in!

  1. Can you please try testing for plugin conflicts? A conflicting script originating from plugins files can slow down load time of Cornerstone.

  2. If the above solution doesn’t work, please try increasing Php memory limit by adding following code in wp-config.php file:

    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

You can add it before the line
/*That’s all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

  1. If you are running Cache plugin on website or directly on server, please try clearing cache and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Steps 2 & 3 I tried just before reaching out but that didn’t help, how do I go about testing a plugin for conflicts? I am not a novice but I am not the most experienced person out there :grimacing:

Hello @reliantcares,

Please deactivate all third party plugins from Plugins > Installed Plugins, if problem is resolved then it’s one of the plugins causing the issue. Next step is to activate plugins one by one. If you experience issues with Cornerstone load time, then you know that the plugin that you have just reactivated is the cause.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Sorry, forgot to respond, the problem resolved itself when I went to test plugins. I updated another plugin (can’t remember which one) and it started working quickly like normal. Thanks for your help!

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile: