Cornerstone redirects to landing page

I cannot edit any of my pages in cornerstone. Opening Pro redirects me to my landing page. This means I cannot properly learn the functions of the layout builder, header/footer builder, etc.

I’m a novice simply trying to follow along with your videos and am unable to recreate the options your video says I should have.

I’m extraordinarily frustrated that despite this being an ongoing issue (as evidenced by the number of people with similar problems going back to Cornerstone’s inception), that you don’t have a FAQ about this issue (or have actually fixed your bug); thus necessitating myself posting on a public forum to advertise my own ignorance simply in order to attain what should be out of the box functionality. And I’m paying for this privilege. Joy.

How do I fix this redirect issue?

Specifically, I’m trying to work on a custom header (I’m literally following along with your videos step by step) and when I move the the header builder, the cornerstone editor navigates away from the page I was working on back to the home page. Every single time.

I’ve disabled all the plugins. My install is 2 days old.

The new header is assigned to the test page in the conditions tab and specifically excluded the home page in the conditions.

Hello @yslexdia,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue with version compatibility. Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress core, and the PHP version are updated as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I don’t believe I have any active caching nor am I employing CDN. All plugins are off.

Hello @yslexdia,

It seems that you have only shared the username and password. I would request you, please share your WordPress Login URL since there are multiple sites register at your Themeco dashboard account. I would request you please share your WordPress Login URL so that we can check your settings.

Thanks

apologies.

I had a bit of css in the cornerstone editor, I removed that. Still having hte redirect when going from content to header.

I also added some custom roles via the Code Snippets plugin (no deactivated). They’re still there.

Hi @yslexdia,

I have checked your website and found that the Content Builder is loading the pages, header properly. I would suggest you check once by clearing all cache and in incognito/private mode of the browser and let us know if you are still getting the same problem.

Thanks

I can also load a header. Loading a header isn’t my problem.

My problem is that I can’t follow the same steps as the guy in your video: https://youtu.be/LJjEPflXB6Q

Because when I click the header tool, the page automatically redirects to my landing page. Thus I cannot work with the image posted at the top of their working page.

Step 1) create a new page, use the image you want to incorporate into your header as the background image
Step 2) save the page and open it in Pro cornerstone editor.
Step 3) navigate to the header tab to install new header, create header.
Step 4) error, the content is now my main landing page, and thus the exercise cannot be continued.

Same issue after clearing cache and testing it out in ingognito.

Hello @yslexdia,

It seems that you are setting conditions on the Header Bar. To set the custom Header you need to click on the settings icon —> Assignment–>Condition—>Edit. Here you can set the custom header condition.

Please have a look at your Header Test page I have set your custom Header. You can also watch the video that I created for you to learn more about how to set the header.

Thanks

Could you link me to the video you recommend please?

Hello @yslexdia,

I have sent you the screen-recording in a secure note. Since it was your site screen recording that is why I sent you the secure note. You can check this screen recording video that I have done for you on my local installation.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4629798?key=387874fd889e2c7702fbda194a2cdddd

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @yslexdia, @ prakash_s

I experienced a similar issue with the Pro builder not loading - always redirecting to the landing page. It actually ended up being a simple fix - I just went to the Wordpress Permalinks page, and clicked save. It fixed the problem.

It might be that your problem is something different, but it’s worth a try!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing the solution with others.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.