I recently updated the version of THEME X (5.1.0 ). The update ended successfully.
I work with a child theme.
Since then, when I edit a page with CORNERSTONE and save the changes, I can see the “green band” that confirms the recording.
But after that, the loading page of cornerstone returns ??? This happens every time the changes are saved.
And when I want to go back to the wordpress dashboard, a message informs me that my changes are not saved ??
However, back to wordpress, my changes have been taken into account.
How to fix this problem?
My request concerns the website http://www.jmcuisines.com
Thank you in advance for your help
Hey There,
Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note
- Link to your site
- WordPress Admin username / password
All the best!
Hello,
My Secure Note is avalaible.
Best regards
Hi There,
I did checked and I can see the issue but I can’t see any error on the console. You could try testing for a plugin conflict first. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
In case the issue persists, please do give us FTP credentials too using a secure note so we can check your error log.
Hello,
Just after your reply, I logged in again to make changes to my site.
The message that informs me that my changes are not saved is now displayed correctly (only when a current change has not been saved).
On the other hand, the loading page of Cornerstone continues to return to each record after the “green banner”.
Do you make a correction to make this change?
After disabling the plugins, the problem remains as is.
Please find attached my FTP IDs.
Thank you.
EDIT : Sorry, but I do not understand what’s going on …
Just for additional information, since I wrote you and after a new connection to change my pages, the problems become exactly the same as those indicated in my first post.
Hi there,
What specific page has this issue, tried and it’s saving okay but it reloads.
Thanks.
Hi there,
I think I have identified the problem.
For all pages, after saving my changes, the green confimation banner appears, and then the loading page of cornerstone returns.
Then, when I want to go back to the Wordpress dashboard, only the pages marked as “most important pages” will generate the message “You have unsaved changes that will be lost if you continue. Are you sure you wish to leave”, while my changes are saved.
If you connect to my site, these pages are visible via the “Pages” menu, then up through the link “most important pages”. There are 6: “ACCUEIL”, “CONTACT”, “NOTRE GAMME”, “COMPREX”, HÄCKER “,” SNAIDERO ".
Thanks
Hello There,
Thanks updating in! I have checked your site and I can confirm the issue. I edited NOTRE GAMME page and saved it. After reloading, I clicked the “Exit to dashboard” and I see the message “You have unsaved changes that will be lost if you continue. Are you sure you wish to leave?”. Could you please re install Cornerstone? Simply go to the plugins section and deactivate it and totally removed it. Go back to X > Overview and Cornerstone will get automatically installed. You might need to go back to the plugins section to activate it again.
Please let us know how it goes.
Hi there,
Thanks for your feedback.
Before to follow your directions, can you confirm that there is no risk.
Will not all my settings, configurations, links, SEO and all my actions done under CORNERSTONE be lost? Will my pages be reloaded as they should?
In short, will this have no impact on my website?
Thanks
Hi,
No Settings will be lost reinstalling the plugin. I have done it many times in my test sites and have no issue.
But as a precaution, you may create a full back-up of your site using this third party plugin.
Thanks
Hi,
I followed your directions but unfortunately the problem is still the same.
For precision, before reinstalling CORNERSTONE, I quit my session, logged out and clear the cache.
I confirm that no settings have been lost during the operation.
Thanks
Hi there,
After checking, this looks like a conflict with the SEO plugin. Maybe it’s hooked up to save_post filter and modifying the ajax result or response. Which of course the status of the save process is incomplete.
I like to gather more information about it so I could forward it to our developer but can’t do it further, it may affect your live site especially your existing SEO setup. Would it be okay if you clone your site into a test site?
Thanks!
Hi there,
You’ll find a link to a cloned site in my updated secure note, with user and password connexion.
I tested it and everything seems working
Hopefully this will help, thanks again for your help.
Thanks
Hi there,
It goes down while I’m testing. The issue exists even if all the plugins are inactive, so it could be related to your host or installation. When I activated the plugins bug, it throws an internal error. Can’t continue the checking, please provide your FTP login credentials.
Though, the saving works okay. It’s just that it reloads the builder and it pops the message when exiting the dashboard, but the changes I made are saved okay.
Thanks!
Hi there,
Secure note updated with FTP login credentials.
Thanks!
Hi there,
Looks like it’s related to your host, it redirects and reloads upon saving. But I tried your installation on my end and it works okay with no redirects. Could you try it on another host?
I also installed all in one migration plugin, you could use that cloning your site outside your host.
Thanks!
Hi there,
Thanks for your tests.
Just for reminder, the problem only occurs on 6 pages with the “cornerstone content” box checked. (concerning the message “…unsaved changes…”).
Don’t you think that if it’s related to my host, would it also happen on the other pages?
However, it is not the case.
Just for accuracy, I have no other remote host, so I can not perform any further tests 
Thanks
Hi there,
Actually, it can be the host issue even if it is only for Cornerstone. the other pages do not redirect from other URL and they use the native Wordpress Editor, but Cornerstone redirects pages to a URL does the changes and redirects back.
I suggest that you move your website to your local machine for testing. It is important to know if that is the problem cause as if it is we can not do anything at the moment to help you resolve the issue.
Thank you for your understanding.
Hi there,
For information, I could not move my website to my local machine to test before 5/6 days.
I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks a lot
Sure, please let us know 