Cornerstone Problem Loading

Cornerstone doesn’t load … tried clearing Cache inside Wordpress and Browser (also tried another Browser); it doesn’t load.

https://krishterimi.al

(p.s. check credentials in secret note)

@ltona

I’ve taken a look at your site and see we have a 500 error when Cornerstone loads. This is usually indicative of a fatal PHP error. Could you please enable WP_DEBUG? https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

This will allow us to see what error is happening which will give us more information about what’s going on.

I just enabled Debug … have a look now please.

Hi @ltona ,

Would you mind keeping it enabled until I’ve had a chance to take a look? It might a a few hours of delay as I’m working through several things at once. Thanks!

I’ll enable it now. Thanks!

So have you been able to find the problem with Cornerstone not loading?

Thanks for leaving the debug on. You can disable it.

I’ve found this error:

E_ERROR: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5575 bytes) in [path]/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1851.

Your site is using too much memory. Normally I’d advise to have the memory increased, but you’re already pushing 128MB which is pretty high for a request.

You can install this plugin to see how much memory is being used on any request: https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-bar/

You have a large number of plugins installed. I would recommend removing any that you don’t need, and find places you can consolidate. Alternatively, you could look into increasing the memory limit.

I don’t know how can I put to use the Debug Bar (I installed it); I also increased the max memory limit to define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ ); and the problem is not solved; Cornerstone doesn’t load. What else I can do?

Can you check if the same error continues after increasing the memory limit? What else could be the problem?

The Debug Bar has a very long long query … the following is only a ver very short copy-paste…

INSERT INTO wp_options (option_name, option_value, autoload) VALUES (’_transient__cornerstone_element_definitions’, 'a:67:{i:0;a:8:{s:4:“name”;s:9:“accordion”;s:6:“active”;b:1;s:2:“ui”;a:2:{s:5:“title”;s:9:“Accordion”;s:9:“autofocus”;s:0:"";}s:5:“flags”;a:14:{s:2:"_v";s:3:“mk1”;s:7:“context”;s:3:“all”;s:5:“child”;b:0;s:8:“delegate”;b:0;s:9:“childType”;b:0;s:5:“empty”;b:0;s:6:“render”;b:1;s:8:“htmlhint”;b:0;s:9:“attr_keys”;a:0:{}s:11:“can_preview”;b:1;s:11:“manageChild”;b:1;s:12:“linked_child”;b:0;s:12:“wrap_preview”;b:0;s:17:“undefined_message”;b:0;}s:4:“icon”;s:18:“elements/accordion”;s:13:“base_defaults”;a:5:{s:8:“elements”;a:2:{i:0;a:4:…

Is this ok?

Hi there,

There are still internal errors and I don’t think it’s related to database, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? I can check the debug.log directly :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Check Secure Note

Hi There,

I have setup a error log monitor which you can see it from your dashboard. I have increased your PHP memory limit and now you should be able to load Cornerstone editor.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Now I can open Cornerstone Editor from within each page/post (i.e. Edit with Cornerstone); if I want to open the Content list of pages/posts, it still doesn’t open. But at least I can edit the pages by first opening a specific page and then clicking Edit with Cornerstone. I believe there should be soon a solution also for opening the Content list of pages with Cornerstone.

Thanks!

Hi,

Upon checking, I can still see a lot of error in the console.

Can you try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I tried deactivating the plugins and the problem continued; then I increased the memory limit from 256 to 512 and it now works. Case solved. Thanks!

Glad you were able to figure it out :slight_smile: