Cornerstone/Pro requesting image with old http Mixed Content Error

We seem to have constant issues with our home page. It looks cornerstone/pro related.

Here is the error in Chrome Dev tools:
Mixed Content: The page at ‘https://abilitymagazine.com/’ was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image ‘http://abilitymagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/aJOBS-shadow.png’. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

URL in settings > general is https://

We use the Better Search/Replace fixes this temporarily, but then this happens again. How can we fix this permanently?

Hi there @chet,

I’ve checked your website and it appears there are multiple other images on the page that are http and not https including the following.

  • Crossword-puzzle.jpg
  • calendaer-background.jpg
  • Health-Image.jpg
  • China-stream.jpg
  • film-3.jpg

Try using this plugin to see if it’ll repair the links to use the correct protocol (https://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-insecure-content-fixer/)

Thanks!

Hi, This plugin did not work, but I was able to search replace the database.
Thanks!

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Cheers!

1 Like

HI, The Mixed content is back on https://abilitymagazine.com. It’s not our database making the error. I changed possible http:// . This is only happening on Cornerstone builder pages. This has been happening for months now. We fix it either with a plugin or manual in the database. Then a few days later cornerstone is calling http:// again.
We have tried multiple plugins and changed manually.
What now?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I went ahead and resolved the issue. I installed WP Migrate DB and use the search and replace feature of this plugin.

Please check your site now.