Cornerstone previews not displaying

Hi there

I’m having an issue with new elements not displaying (I get a continuously spinning logo). Classic elements are displaying fine.

I’ve seen a number of other users with the same issue so I’ve gone through these standard troubleshooting procedures:

  1. Disabled caching
  2. Disable all 3rd party plug-ins. (This didn’t fix the issue with the new elements, but did cause the classic elements to start having the same issue)
  3. Increased PHP memory limit to 1024MB
  4. .htaccess has been backed up and then reset

There’s no custom CSS and there’s no CDN being used.

X Theme is on 5.2.5 and Cornerstone is 2.1.7

I’ve given FTP details and WP login details in the secure note… thanks in advance for your help!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I see that you’re using PHP v5.5.x. Could you please try updating it to PHP v5.6.x or later and test your issues again.

You may contact your hosting provider for this or some hosts allows to switch PHP versions through their hosting control panel as well.

Thanks!

Hiya, I’ve updated to PHP v5.6 but same issues persist.

Hi There,

Do you have any specific page having this issue? I have created a test page and then edited it as well (see secure note) and Cornerstone functioned properly.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @mldarshana – thanks so much for your help, I was using Edge (where it doesn’t work with the test page you’ve created either) but switching to Chrome has solved all issues. Argh! Sometimes it’s the most basic of things… I probably should have switched years ago…

Thanks again!

Hi There,

Edge and Internet Explorer are not really used b Developers…We recommend Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Hope it helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.