Cornerstone - Preview Unresponsive

Hi,

I’ve recently noticed that when I try to create or edit a page in Cornerstone the content does not load correctly and I face an error message stating the following:

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

I’ve searched the forums and checked some of the suggestions but I’m not able to fix it with any of them. I would appreaciate any type of help to get this solved. I’ve even tried restarting my server, deactivating/deleting some plugins, etc…

Thanks!

Hello @Lunatic_Zorr,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Looks like you haven’t shared the website URL. Can you please share website URL? In the mean time would you mind trying these general solutions.

  1. Ensure you are fully up to date. See our changelog.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry, I forgot the URL :sweat_smile: I´ve edited the secure note with it.

  1. I’m using the latest version.
  2. I tried clearing all chaches. I´ve disabled Autoptimize, BJ Lazy Load and WP Super Cache.
  3. I only use a CDN for the images, but they are only uploaded, not served from the CDN.
  4. I´ve tried disabling all plugins and still got the same issue. Enabled them again, and no change.
  5. Done. No change.
  6. Done. No change.
  7. Added to wp-config.php, no change.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi there,

Looks like there’s something wrong with your install. I could access your site but soon after it got inaccessible and now it’s showing down.

Hi @Bappi,

I´ve just checked and the site seems to be up and running. Could you try again?

I’ve been able to log in and take a look. Could you try disabling the “Enlighter – Customizable Syntax Highlighter” plugin? With that disabled, I was able to get the page editor working. If you still have the error, try clearing your cache once the plugin is disabled.

From what I can tell the Enlighter javascript may overwrite something Cornerstone is using. I’ve tried investigating any potential workarounds, but there isn’t a straightforward way to prevent it from happening. Regretfully the best I can recommend at this time is to disable that plugin before working with the content builder, or to find a different plugin to serve that purpose for you.

Hello @alexander,

Thank you for the response. I’ll do the suggested test and follow up with you.

Do you have any recommendation of Code Highlighter plugin which works fine with X/Cornerstone?

Kind Regards,
Kevin.

Hey Kevin,

Regretfully, we have not tested such plugins.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.