Cornerstone- Preview Took Longer than Expected

Attempting to edit my home page, and it will not load in Cornerstone, stating that the preview took longer to load than expected. Other pages will load, but not the homepage.

I searched the forums and did the following prescribed actions, to no avail;

  1. Added the memory code to the wp-config.php file.
  2. Cleared browser cache.
  3. Cleared wordpress page cache.
  4. Cleared transients.
  5. Deactivated plugins.

None of the above helped. I would appreciate any further assistance you could offer. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Before anything else, X 5.1.1 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Per your suggestion, updated X theme to latest edition, purged caches after updating.

Issue is still persisting.

Hello,

You can try to reinstall the Cornerstone to check if there`s any damaged file.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m having the same problem as the OP. Tried all the same solutions to no avail.

@john How would you delete and reinstall Cornerstone when it’s packaged inside the theme?

Thanks.

Okay… it’s working fine again. I had a section using the Essential Grid plugin, which I had deactivated to troubleshoot a separate issue. Activating the plugin seemed to have solved the preview loading issue. I guess Cornerstone doesn’t like deactivated plugins?

Hi There,

It was probably a cache issue,

A deactivate plugin won´t appear on CS

Hope it helps

How does one go about deleting and reinstalling Cornerstone? Delete it from the plugins menu in the Dashboard, and then reinstall from…?

Hi there,

Kindly delete the Cornerstone from the Plugins menu then go to X > Overview. After that go back to Plugins menu and you will see that the Cornerstone is automatically installed.

Thank you.

Ok, deleted Cornerstone and had it reinstalled automatically. No luck. Still getting the “Loading the preview took longer than expected. There may be script conflicts on this page.” on the HOME page only.

Hi there,

Have you tried checking for plugin conflict as well? If not, please as it might help solve the issue. If the issue persists, please make sure that the theme and Cornerstone are both updated to the latest version and please make sure that you have cleared your cache.

Let us know how it goes.

Yup. As stated in my original post, everything updated, no plugin conflict, caches cleared, etc.

Can a member of the staff use the credentials I posted securely to venture into my website and see if I have made any scripting errors that might be causing this issue?

Thanks!

This is the error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) /cornerstone-endpoint

Please try contacting your web host to see if Mod Security rules are blocking the builder paths. They will be able give details as they have access to error logs. This is common in Siteground web host.

Thanks.

I can contact my host for more information. However, wouldn’t a host security issue affect all of my pages, not just my home page?

It is only the home page that is being affected.

Hi again,

I’ve done some testing by creating a new page and importing your homepage template, I deleted your benefits sections from the new page and tried editing in Cornerstone and it worked just fine (see here http://centralmassbookkeeping.com/cs/), It looks like there is something wrong in your benefits section, try replacing Text element with Raw Content element and look for any syntax error. This should fix it.

Do let us know how this goes!

Thank you so much! I will take a look and try to figure out the error.

Were you able to remove the benefits section via cornerstone? Because when I try to, it simply won’t save, even if I hit the save button. It will ask me to confirm leaving page, lose unsaved, etc.

Is there another way to remove a section?

Hi there,

I can’t remove them, which means the culprit is in other sections or elements. You’ll have to do a trial and error by deleting each element one by one while testing the saving functionality.

I tried it with a clean page and it works okay, so the issue is within your existing content.

Thanks!