Cornerstone Preview pane not loading elements after latest update Jan 2021

Hi Team,

X-theme = 8.0.11
Cornerstone = 5.0.11
PHP version = 7.2.24

No cache plugins at ALL
No minification plugins

I have tried with Firefox and Chrome no luck

Left hand side pannel shows elements / outline, however right side preview pannel shows my header only with no preview of my layout or any elements.

My Site is https://melbourne-rpi.com.au/

Please Help

Kind Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects the preview loading.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

Before we go down that path, can you please explain to me why Everything on my site Including the preview pane in cornerstone was working perfectly and without updating or changing ANY of my plugins, execpt for Cornerstone. It stopped working?

So it looks like 1 of my plugins that had NO issues with previous versions of Cornerstone is NOW interfering with the opperation of cornerstone.

Is this going to be an ongoing thing with Cornerstone and X-theme? Because if it is I will have to reconsider my existing licences, and clients and re-evaluate the use of X-theme for future clients.

You just can’t release x-theme and cornerstone updates that break plug-ins that where workling perfectly well together in previous versions!

Kind Regards
Chris

Hey Chris,

To your question:

Please first note that plugin conflicts happen often in WordPress especially if there’s a major update and if a site is composed of plugins using Javascript.

The reason for that is web development technologies are changing. A theme or plugin company or even WordPress could change any time and the theme and plugins must adapt to that change. Another reason for changing or updating the system is for improvement and fix problems experienced in the past.

In web development or even in general programming, there would always be breaking changes especially during major updates as I’ve said above.

It’s not just X and Cornerstone update that could break your site. A major WordPress update could break things too.

That is why having frequent website backups and a test copy of your site is vital for website owners. It is a standard in web development to test updates in a staging copy of a website.

Now regarding the conflicting plugin, we don’t have support for plugin conflicts but it would be in our interest to know what plugins are conflicting with Cornerstone so we can improve it if possible.

Please tell us the name of the conflicting plugin and we’ll test it. Just note that because we don’t provide support for plugin and custom code conflicts, we can’t guarantee a fix.

You should report the issue to the 3rd party plugin author also why his plugin breaks Cornerstone.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.