I’m unable to load Cornerstone preview for the “Home” page on my website after the November updates. The last time we updated the page was back in October, and things were working fine then. Now, it does not load. After I try clicking reload again, I get a slightly different error message (see below) and then get logged out of Wordpress and am forced to log in again every time I try to reload. Given the seemingly large volume of other posts in this vein, and each with seemingly different causes, making many different support threads necessary, I wonder if these changes to Preview in recent releases is an improvement? It seems the preview should not need to fail so catastrophically like this. Couldn’t it just revert to a “safe” mode that still lets you see and edit things?
Here are the steps I’ve tried to take in troubleshooting. I would really appreciate help in getting to the root of this problem and finding a solution. Thanks!
- Reviewing several other posts and this support page: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404
- Reverting away from my child theme to the regular theme.
- Deactivating all plugins except for Cornerstone
- Removing certain content that contained iframes on the Home page
- Purging caches/disabling, both plugin-wise and on my web host’s built-in caching
- Using a different web browser
The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.