Cornerstone Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. July 20121

Good Morning X Team,

I woke up this morning with three emails in my in-box. One to say a new user was added, that the new user had changed their password and that Wordpress is now in recovery mode due to a corrupt plugin.

The new user was a “hack” like Test1234

After getting in I could see that Cornerstone was the culprit.

I have tried, removing it and re-installing and re-activating without luck.

Here is the transcript of the error.

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php:106 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(117): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(137): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->create(’\Themeco\Corner…’) #3 /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(73): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(’\Themeco\Corner…’) #4 /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(44): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘is_admin’) #5 /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/boot.php(27): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->initialize(Array) #6 /home/cp879171/public in /home/cp879171/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php on line 106

I hope that you can help.

Thanks Larry

Hey Larry,

That is a known issue in some web hosts running PHP 7.0. Try upgrading PHP to 7.4 or the latest. Just for testing, you might want to try PHP 5.6 (remember that this is just for testing). The latest version is still recommended.

Thanks.

Thank you I will try this

Genius. I took it to 7.4 and now all good.

Thank you

You’re most welcome,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.