Cornerstone Plugin Breaking UI When Logged In

What appears to be happening is the UI breaks when logged in and appears fine when logged out. I have cloned the site in a staging environment and made sure everything was up to date and am still seeing the issues.

I went through the php error log and addressed everything that I could whether it be updating code or swapping out plugins for newer error free plugins and still am having the same issue.

I’ve even pulled the site down locally via Flywheels Local software, turned off all plugins except for the cornerstone plugins ( Cornerstone v7.2.9 & Cornerstone Custom Icons v0.2.2) and the ninja forms plugin (Ninja Forms v3.6.28) and switched the theme to a default WordPress plugin and I am still getting the error.

It seems to be isolated so far to just the contact us page.

I’ve reached out to our hosting service as an extra set of eyes on this problem and they have returned stating that they are able to duplicate the issue and that it appears to be a conflict directly with the cornerstone plugin and advised me to open a support ticket with Cornerstone directly after attempting to down grade WordPress in an effort to solve the issue.

Here is a link to a screenshot of the debug output when the site was updated from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.2 that appears to be all cornerstone issues: https://s3.amazonaws.com/TWFiles/226788/projectFile/p372787.tf_271A8687-0E3B-2EF2-48DBFDE324C3CDB0.AwesomeScreenshot-munireg-flywheelstaging-contact--2023-07-13_2_27.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIATXCZYRNPBPOBFRXH&Expires=1689280275&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename*%3DUTF-8''AwesomeScreenshot-munireg-flywheelstaging-contact--2023-07-13_2_27.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=7mw0eCj54CoqauW6gcDHyLojZ6o%3D

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The screenshot you provided seems to be expired and It doesn’t work now. If the issue is in Contact us page only, this could mean your contact us page got corrupted. This could happen when there is an invalid html code with orphaned or a missing a closing tag, please check your content and look out for a missing tag and close it.

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Here is a link to the pdf via the broken the link in the previous message: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ysI1avDai8Vo163vXS9Cy1jxF8vSV7p8/view?usp=sharing

Hey Michael,

I suspect that this has something to do with the PHP version. Please try downgrading form PHP 8.2 to PHP 8.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, the staging site that we’re testing on, in which that screenshot is from is currently running PHP 7.4.

Hey Michael,

We need to investigate your issue properly. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Acess

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you, here is the login information to the staging site…

Hi Michael,

Your website is having folder-level authentication, please share the credentials for further investigation.

Thanks

the privacy login should be…

Hello Michael,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

The password has been updated and tested successfully

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the updated credentials. I checked your setup and the issue was the Classic elements were turned OFF and you’re using Classic elements on some pages. I went ahead and turned on the classic elements via Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions > Administrator > Elements to fix the issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.