Cornerstone pages not working

When I try to access a cornerstone page, like edit content,edit header, theme options… I get the following error. What could the problem be?

Hello @miroirstudio,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello. Now I have another problem unfortunately: I can’t access my admin area since I get an error. Looking at the logs it seems that it’s related to the theme

[Sun Sep 05 12:27:08.304734 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 26456:tid 140624771954432] [client 151.71.47.189:59634] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Preserver, because the name is already in use in /home/web/www.giocandolo.it/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php on line 8'

Hey Miroir,

That is a known issue with PHP version 7.2. Please contact your web host to update PHP to 7.4.

Thanks.

PHP is already version 7.4 (as you can see in the link in secure notes). But if I try to enter wp-admin I get that error.

Hi Miroir,

I would suggest you deactivate and delete Pro and reinstall it by downloading from your Theme Account and check if that issue exists or not.
If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Since I can’t access my wordpress admin area I don’t know how to correctly deactivate the theme. In the secure notes I provided you the credentials for wp and also ftp.

Hi Miroir,

Unfortunately, the admin URL shows the WordPress installation page. I have checked through FTP and found the WordPress is already installed.

I would suggest you check once and let us know once it is accessible.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Try it now.

Hey Miroir,

My colleague mentioned that if he goes to the wp-admin page, he sees the installation setup.

That means there’s a problem with your WordPress site itself, not just Cornerstone. What he meant by “accessible” is you correct that installation setup and we can actually log in and see the issue with Cornerstone.

Thanks.

I can access the login area. I think the problem is cache related. I deactivated all cache plugins. You should be able to log in.

Hi Miroir,

I am able to log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and activated the Pro version 4.3.3 which you are using currently. I also found the issue you described in your early post.

I would suggest you delete the Pro version 4.3.3 and upload the latest version i.e. 5.0.8 and check if that issue is resolved or not. If that does not resolve the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credential to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

It seems to work now. Thanks

Hi Miroir,

Glad that it is working now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.