Cornerstone pages break if editing Yoast SEO in "classic editor"

I did some additional testing to a previous thread I’d opened up. As it turns out I think there is an error on Cornerstone that if you have EVER edited anything in the “classic editor” such as YoastSEO or other fields that Cornerstone doesn’t display then the page will break. I notice the page will still load up to the point of updating Cornerstone or the X Theme. Once you update the WordPress Theme/Plugin the site will no longer load that page on the front end and the back end will only show Cornerstone previews without allowing you to edit the page in Cornerstone any longer (where I am right now) Any suggestions to resolve this issue? should I just rebuild that page inside Cornerstone?

Copy that. Making changes in the classic editor, updating the page and trying to edit in the pro editor again does not do any favour. I had to learn this the hard way. Easy fix: do not edit the content in the classic editor.

But I wonder - using yoast SEO myself - how the changes in the metas can effect the pro editor. I do not have any issues filling the SEO information in respect to cornerstone. The only thing that suxx?! so much is themeco themes do not work well with yoast. yoast can’t access the content of the short codes and marks pages with red dots for alleged seo errors where there are none.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for writing in!

When you edit the post to fill in your Yoast SEO details, like this:

As long as you keep the content intact, Cornerstone or the Pro Editor data will not be corrupted and you should still be able to edit the page back in the Cornerstone or Pro Editor builder.

Note: Do not edit the post content outside of Cornerstone / Pro Editor builder.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.