Cornerstone - page orientation moving when I drag element out - can't drop where I need to

Hi all, I am using Cornerstone (MAC Firefox at the moment)) and it is a very long page.

I need to add a new element, but because it is such a long page, when I drag and drop, the page layout moves as I am dragging and I cant get the element where I need it to go.

This happens when I first drag out from elements onto page and ALSO happens if I just pop it anywhere and then try and move it. This is making it impossible to get the new item where I need it to go.

Is there anyway around this?

I know that I can go into text only mode and type the cornerstone code in… but then if I use cornerstone again this will deleted again i believe and I don’t want this.

It just seems so clunky, makes me feel there much be nother way to get the elements were we need them to be!

Thanks so much

OK I am answering my own question … but leaving this here to help others… You get around this issue by going into SKELETON mode (button on bottom left).

Yeah cornerstone can be a little squirrely this way. One trick that sometimes helps is to drag the element BELOW where you want it to ultimately end up, and then drag and drop it back up to where you want it.

The reason this helps is that when you are dragging an element down, the height of the page can chance, since you just pulled an element out of it. Then the logic of an empty destination column can cause it to stretch and shrink as it “changes its mind” about how big it is (and whether it contains the element you’re dropping).

But yeah, the skeleton mode is a great help at times :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Thank you for your input on user experience for long pages.