Cornerstone - page not found

Hi, I know this is a common problem. For all posts and pages where I click ‘Edit with Cornerstone’ it opens up a ’ page not found’. I already checked all suggested solutions, none of them work. Also I disabled all plugins except for Cornerstone, didn’t solve the issue.

Also, I checked all suggestions made by marc_a (Staff) in this post: Cornerstone updated version issue

We need some support urgently, because we’re not able to modify anything right now.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Hi @slimenvoordelig,

Thanks for reaching out.
There might be some different reason behind it, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Permalink

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Note: I have set the permalink to default and found the Cornerstone is working, but loading the Home Page by default. You need to select the specific page by clicking into the Content Tab.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Thanks for checking but changing the permalinks made a lot of pages unavailable. We don’t want to have the permalink setting to be ‘Plain’ but it needs to be ‘Post name’. This website is existing for lots of years now and if we change permalink structure now a lot of redirects won’t work anymore (since setting it to ‘Plain’ will change all URLs to https://www.domain.com/?p=123)

Cornerstone should simply work with the default ‘Post name’ permalink setting. We already tried all suggestions mentioned so what is going on here?

By the way: also X > Theme Options (https://www.ecovat.eu/theme-options/) is returning a ‘Page not found’, same applies to Cornerstone launcher. https://www.ecovat.eu/launch/content/ is unavailable…

We need to have this fixed ASAP because our client can’t work in their website right now.

Many thanks in advance.

Note: please stop copy/pasting your default replies because that doesn’t work in this case.

Hello @slimenvoordelig,

I have logged in and it seems that your issue is resolved. When I edited your posts in Cornerstone, it is loading in the preview.

Please see the secure note.

By the way, before I edited any posts, I went to the Settings > Permalinks and made sure that it is set to custom post name /%postname%/. I hit the saved button and then edited the posts.

Kindly check out your Cornerstone now.

Hello @ruenel,

Thank you, it’s working again. Can you please explain what you did to resolve it? Because I also did change Settings > Permalinks to custom post name before but then Cornerstone still didn’t work.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Hello @slimenvoordelig,

Glad that we were able to help you. Sometimes the Permalink cache doesn’t flush at one go in that you need to set the Permalink to Plain and the reset the Permalink to Post Name and hit the Save button to flush the permalinks cache.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.