Cornerstone out of sync in edit mode

My web site is running the latest version of Cornerstone / X Theme. Everything looks fine when I view the site. However, when ever I go into Cornerstone edit mode, the page reverts to a much older version. When I save the edits, the OLD version is saved. How do I get Cornerstone up to the latest version?

Thank you,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for providing the information. Regretfully we cannot login because of this error.

Can you please temporarily disable CloudFlare so we can login? Thank you in advance.

I am assuming you are coming from a different country. I’ve disabled the filter in CloudFlare temporarily. You should be able to log in now. Please confirm.

Thank you,
Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the updates. I have now logged in to the site and I can confirm that the Covid19 info is not present when you edit it in Cornerstone. One thing I noticed though is that the old content that is displayed on the site is probably coming from the CloudFlare cache. Please log in to your CloudFlare account and purge your site cache. You also need to regenerate the minified CSS and JS files in CloudFlare.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

That is not it. First, I set up a copy of the site on my DEV server just for this test, so there’s no way that CloudFlare is caching the old version because it didn’t exist before Monday, so if it would cache anything, it would cache the latest version. I have turned off CF entirely (used as DNS only), also cleared the cache, and the results are identical. What else can we try?

Thank you,
Alex

Hi Alex,

The reason why it is not syncing the data you have on your front page is because on my perception you edited the page in the classic editor not in the builder editor. As you can see, when you compare the code of your classic vs builder editor they are not the same. I am guessing that you have made the changes via classic editor. I also found out that your page is containing an older version of cornerstone shortcodes. I strongly advice that you re-create your content using the cornerstone builder because cornerstone builder will only save the load data within the builder not data being save by classic editor.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Not a great answer. When I built the site, I didn’t have a choice, so it was built with what you now call Classic. If every time you make an update, I have to redo the site, then why should I bother using your product?

So yes, I am going to take your advice and remove your garbage theme and redo things without it.

Hello @ltmod,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Be advised that only pages created with Cornerstone can be edited in Cornerstone. Any changes you did outside of Cornerstone, like any changes you may have done using the default WP editor will not be saved when you edit the page back in Cornerstone. Doing so may even corrupt the cornerstone data which may cause issue wherein you can no longer edit the page in Cornerstone.

All the best. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.