Cornerstone Not Working with X Theme

Wordpress 4.8.1 on the X theme 5.1.1. Cornerstone 2.0.6. Attempting to go into the Cornerstone editor always results in a spinning circle screen with no change. I can go into Cornerstone settings and it shows on my dashboard, but I cannot get into the editor. I dug through some of the threads here and went through the PHP memory increase exercise. I edited the wp-config.php file to allocate more memory, and I went through my host to make sure there was 256M of PHP memory available. I deactivated all plugins except the Themeco Typekit and Under Construction. Any help to get Cornerstone operational would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryan

I’ve continued to try different things, deactivating all plugins but no change. The install and X Theme are pretty new so I don’t know what I could be doing… it’s pretty much “out of the box” and the number of variables that already exist which could throw a wrench into things is rather concerning. If it’s something on the PHP end with my host then I am completely lost.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using SSL? Maybe in your settings, Settings > General, the site URL and the WordPress URL is still using http://. Please do check it.

If still nothing is working, please provide us your WP credentials so that we can log in and take a closer look in order to resolve this issue.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry if I am being dense, I just tried removing the http:// from both the site URL and Wordpress URL and get this message:

The WordPress (and Site) address you entered did not appear to be a valid URL. Please enter a valid URL.

Yikes I think my IE browser could have been the cause! It seems to be working in Chrome… If so, that might be a useful datapoint for everyone. Was I the only one using IE 11.0.9600? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I noticed when other themeco pages didn’t seem to display well in IE (I was browsing https://theme.co/pro/ for upgrade options). The odd display prompted me to try another browser.

Hey there,

Cornerstone is not supported in all version of IE because it does not support the latest web technologies used in Cornerstone. You’ll need to use Chrome or Firefox. That goes the same in our sales page.

Thanks.