Cornerstone Not Working with Custom Links

On some of my pages I am unable to use cornerstone. I get the message “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”

I use a plugin called Custom Permalinks that allows me to change the permalinks of the pages. Cornerstone only works when I remove the custom permalink but that is not going to work - I need to keep these custom permalinks in place. How can I edit these pages with Cornerstone?

ok now I am not able to edit any pages at all with Cornerstone. Even when I disable this app or change the permalink to the original structure.

Hey Dan,

Regretfully, Cornerstone will not work with custom permalink plugins.

For your Cornerstone issue. Please check for the following:

  1. Ensure everything is up to date

  2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.