Cornerstone not working well after updates

Hello,
I just activated Woo Commerce and also updated WP and Cornerstone. Cornerstone editor is VERY sluggish/dysfunctional and makes my computer work very hard (whiring fan). I get a lot of unresponsive script notices, and also “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” I flushed the cache I thought was involved but it didn’t help. This is beyond my ability to fix.

Also my X Theme formatting completely disappeared from mobile.

Can you please take a look?

I just added a secure note with my login. . .

Thank you,
Laura

Hi Laura,

Please clean your browser cache and test it again.

I checked your website and the layout looks the same on mobile, so if you are seeing anything unusual that you would like to fix, please be more specific so we can take a closer look.

Also Cornerstone is loading fine without script errors, on which page you are facing the issue? On which browser and device ? Please let us know more details.

Thanks!

Hello,

I cleared my browser cache on my phone and I’m still getting inconsistent display – with this look on many pages (attached images - just a few examples):

Also I never had the “View mobile site” text on my homepage before . . . this is related to the issue.
I also just went in to my Available Work Gallery page and tried to do some editing. I’m am still getting this:

When I click the “Try Again” button it eventually loads in, but the editing is so slow that it is not functional for any practical purposes.

Can you please look again using the login from my previous post?
I am using Firefox on my Macbook Pro OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Thank you,
Laura

Hi there,

Looks like it’s not X theme, but another mobile theme. The theme is called Mini Eleven theme from jetpack, please disable it.

About the cornerstone issue, it’s okay from my end. Perhaps it’s specific to a page or content, would you mind providing a sample URL?

Thanks

Hello and thanks for your reply . . .

I disabled the Jetpack mobile theme and I think that fixed the mobile display problem – thank you. I’m not sure how/why that was even enable in the first place!

I logged out and then logged in and tried to edit this page: www.lauraletchingerart.com/available-work-gallery. I am still having the same problem — please see attached screenshots.

When I click the “Try Again” button it does load in eventually, but again, the editing is so slow that it is not functional.

I will add a secure note with my login so you can take a closer look . . .

Thank you!
Laura

Hey there,

I loaded www.lauraletchingerart.com/available-work-gallery in Cornerstone and it loads fast on my end.

It looks like there’s something in your computer or a script in your browser that loads along side Cornerstone. Please try deactivating browser addons or try in incognito mode.

Thanks.

I deactivated or deleted all Firefox add-ons except for Default Theme 56.0 by Mozilla (because I need a theme for Firefox right?). I also deactivated Woo Commerce. I restarted and the same problem is still occurring. So I tried editing the available work gallery page with Cornerstone using CHROME browser, and it seems to work! So it appears to be a conflict with Firefox, but I don’t know how to fix it because I’ve already deleted or deactivated the browser addons. Should I try deactivated the Default Theme 56.0? But don’t I have to have a theme active for Firefox to run?

Thank you,
Laura

Hi Laura,

I tried in firefox and it seems to work on my end.

Can you try reinstalling your browser.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.