Cornerstone not working - weird unformatted edit page

Hi there - I have updated Wordpress, the X theme and the Cornerstone plugin and when I go to edit a page I get this weird unformatted page that I cannot use. Please see the attached screenshot below. What am I doing wrong?

Hi There,

As I dont have access to your web site, can’t confirm the cause of the issue.
I would like to suggest you few troubleshooting to check if the issue resolved.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi - please take a look here at gratentbranding.com

How do I get the login information to you securely?

Hello @kjordan83,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website (http://gratentbranding.com/) and can see that you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. Looking at the screenshot you have shared it seems that CSS file is missing or broken and that’s the reason why you are getting broken layout.

Please do the following:

1. From Plugins > Installed Plugins deactivate and delete Cornerstone.
  2. Deleting Cornerstone won’t delete your pages. For sometime you might see short-codes showing up in the front end of the website.
  3. After that please visit X > Validation to automatically install Cornerstone. After that, please clear browser cache.
  4. Open the pages in Cornerstone and see if the layout is working fine or not.
  5. In case problem is not resolved, please repeat step number 1.
  6. Please use the URL shared in secure note to download a fresh copy of Cornerstone.
  7. From Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin select downloaded zip copy of Cornerstone and install the same.
  8. Activate Cornerstone. Clear browser cache.
  9. Open pages in Cornerstone and see the layout.

In case problem is still not resolved, please share website login details (username and password) and FTP details (hostname, username, password) in secure note for us to take a closer look. Please press the Key icon to share information securely. Please see screenshot.

Thanks.

I dont see a key anywhere in the reply section. I will send you login info via a message

Hi There,

Sorry, you can’t do that because we will never know whos going to handle your ticket next.

Secure Note button looks like this, on the right-bottom of your replies

If you don’t see that button, try to use another browser Chrome or Firefox.

Your site looks fine on my end,

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/d84c34cb-2d97-4298-8995-0b94df46ebf7.jpg

This seems to be a caching issue, please clear all your caching plugin/feature the site might have, and also clear you browser’s cache.

Cheers!

[quote=“kjordan83, post:5, topic:36227”]
The issue is when I log into the backend of my wordpress site and click on a page to edit it. I click on edit with cornerstone then it takes a long time to load and loads that weird screen I showed. Here is the login. please help:

Hey @kjordan83,

Going to wp-admin URL in your site redirects me to a 404 page. Looks like you changed the login URL. Please give us the updated login URL. Also provide FTP access.

Thanks.

Oh sorry! Yes here is the correct info:

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for the credentials, but I can not connect with the FTP account, please check.

Let’s enable the WP_DEBUG to try to log the error. Please add this on your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

Add this before the line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

I also notice, that your X theme is few updates behind, please update the X to 6.1.6 version. And also your WordPress (4.6.11) that is outdated. Please update that to the Wordpress latest version. This could be indirectly the caused of the issue.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

I would strongly advise that you do this on a staging server first.

And please confirm that you already did the plugin confict test suggested above, if not please do so.

Thanks,

It is working now! You were right I had to update Wordpress. Thank you all so much for your hard work and help. I love you!!

1 Like

Thank you for your nice words and glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.