Cornerstone not working, and still no solution!

Cornerstone is not working. Nor is the header or footer builder.

I have posted several threads over the last 24hrs and as yet have had no solution from X Theme staff. I cannot even find my original post now, it seems to have been deleted. Please READ the post before replying asking me to up the php limit or check the cache…

My host has upped the memory limit to 512, I am running PHP version 7.0, I have cleared all the caches (caching plugin is inactive), speed is set at 300, I have installed the plugin wpserverinfo so you can check all this.

The level of support that is normally so good has been incredibly poor on this issue.

I anticipate a proper solution to this issue.

Hi there,

Thank you for the message and follow up on our request regarding the hosting service settings. We still are waiting for the WordPress move action we asked for. You can even send us a backup to check the case in our local installation.

Meanwhile, I see that the only page you have problems with is the homepage as I added a Test Page and it worked ok. Am I correct assuming the Homepage has the issue?

If that is the case would you please kindly recreate the homepage and save the page in each step to know what was the problem cause? That will help us to identify the reason behind the error as at the time being we can not find the reason why the homepage is corrupt.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christopher,

I just set your test page to the home page and CS now works.

This is most strange but the main thing is, is that it is now working.

I have no idea why it wouldn’t work in the first instance as I had already made any appropriate changes before trying CS builder.

As a result perhaps this following checklist may help other people experiencing this or a similar issues:

THINGS TO CHECK IF CORNERSTONE BUILDER IS NOT WORKING

  1. Version of PHP is 7.1+
  2. Max php execute script time is at least 300s
  3. PHP Memory limit is at least 512MiB
  4. Max PHP Upload is at least 64MiB
  5. Any cache clearing plugins are switched off
  6. All caches are cleared before trying new settings / page refresh
  7. Create a different page and try Cornerstone builder again

I can’t think of anything else to add to that just now (can anyone else add to this list?) but having a list of things to check (e.g. a troubleshooting list) for common X issues might save everyone a whole lot of time and energy.

Thanks

Hi there,

Glad that you have managed to overcome the issue. And the list you provided seems to be a reasonable troubleshooting step for sure.

Thank you for sharing that with us and our other customers we appreciate your contribution.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.