Cornerstone not working after fresh install

brand new install, cornerstone activated, and when i click it in dashboard i get 404

any suggestions?

Hello @scottshulman1,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of the permalink, I would suggest you go to the WordPress Dashboard —>Settings —>Permalink —>Set it as Post name.

Please note that Cornerstone uses the WordPress API and WordPress Rest API requires Permalink to be set as a Post name.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Hope it helps
Thanks

nope that didnt fix it. i added credentials in a secure note and made the role administrator

Hello @scottshulman1,

It seems that you are using the Nginx hosting server, I went ahead and checked your site settings and it seems that your .htaccess file is corrupted or not working properly just because the Permalink’s Post name is not working properly. If you check your page it is going to 404 page. I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to fix the .htaccess file issue and permalink rewrite rules since the server-related issue is not in our control.

Thanks

I removed the wordpress, reinstalled with a fresh database, and only installed pro theme
i noticed there is no cornerstone plugin, is it needed? if so, how do i reinstall

deleting the instance of wordpress should replace the htaccess file, any recommendations what to do next?

i’m kind of stuck. I’ve reached out to dreamhost also for them to look

i have another website on dreamhost, can i get a temporary license to test if it works on that instance?

the domain is finopsconnection.com

thanks

Hello Scott,

It is best that you check out this guide:

For further assistance, please contact your hosting service provider. They should be able to resolve this in a few clicks.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.