Cornerstone not usable anymore (2.1.3)

Hi there,

I checked and I can’t find what’s causing it either. Is it okay if I disable all the plugins? It’s best to do that by staging server. That way, we can do full-scale testing without damaging your live site.

Thanks.

I created a staging site using wp-staging, you can find it here:

You should be able to access it with the support credentials I send to you earlier.

Best regards
Johannes

Hey @yoggelino,

When I logged in to your staging, I tested opening your page in Cornerstone and I get the error message. I deactivate all your plugins except Cornerstone and now it works. To prove that it works, I added an exclamation mark at the end of your text. See Secure Note.

Please enable your plugins one by one while checking Cornerstone each time you do that. You have 51 plugins activated when I checked… See Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hey,

so I took the time and investigated further and the whole thing seems to be very strange:

1. This error within your cs-vendor.js is caused by the follow-up plugin from woocommerce (https://woocommerce.com/products/follow-up-emails/)

Uncaught TypeError: this.indexOf is not a function
at HTMLDocument._emberMetalMixin.Mixin.create._Mixin$create.contains (cs-vendor.js?ver=2.1.7:34174)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

1. I think there is a general problem in your new cornerstone version because even when i deactivate the “follow-up” plugin i still get the error overlay with the error message “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

2. Now comes the strange part, if I open up the developer console and remove the error overlay I can just work perfectly fine

So from my side I think you should change the behavior when you throw the “unresponsiv” error message maybe the time and delay is to short because the site takes forever to load on my end. Also you generate more than 200 ember warnings in your js file maybe this is causing the terrible performance ending up in taking so long that it tells me that it is unresponsive.

So what are our next steps here? You check why your plugin has a problem with an official Woocommerace plugin? Also the performance and warning part needs to be adressed from my point of view I am really unpleased with the new conerstone version i wish i could go back 2-3 version where everything worked just fine and was super fast.

Thanks and best regards
Johannes

I have exactly the same huge problem as @yoggelino since the last cornerstone update !!!

Hey Johannes,

Thanks for the additional info. I’ll post the conflict between the WooCommerce Follow Up plugin and Cornerstone in our issue tracker. This might need a deep thorough investigation though so it might take some time. Right now, the only solution that I can think of is for you to revert from the previous working state of your site.

Regarding the other issue even when you deactivate the follow up plugin. It looks like an issue with cache. Please try deleting your browser cache and also check in incognito mode or other browsers.

@lilarosa,

Thanks for writing in. There are many factors that could affect any page builder especially after updating. With that said, please try the following general solutions suggested in our troubleshooting builder preview warnings article.

If nothing helps, please open a separate thread and post a link to this thread for reference and give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note there.

Thanks.

I do not think it is related to caching or at least it does not seem to be, because the cornerstone plugin loads super long after I upgraded and there are tons of warnings and stuff in the console.

I guess you guys are firing this error message depending on a timeframe or something because when I get the error I can just remove the overlay using the developertools and just work with the plugin without any problems, so the only problem right now is the error message itself.

Hey @yoggelino,

I’ve investigated further and this time, in your live site. I discovered that SiteGround’s caching is causing this. The builder is included in the dynamic cache.

To prove that the caching is the cause, I’ve purged the cache, disabled dynamic caching and opened in incognito mode. After that, Cornerstone worked.

I placed a period at the end of your headline so you could see that it works.

Given my first screenshot, please contact SiteGround to learn how to exclude the builder’s URL from the dynamic cache.

Thanks.

Hey everyone. I’ve been reviewing some aging issues and I believe this should be resolved with the next version of the theme. The javascript error above was coming from an older version of Ember that we were using. I would recommend that anyone who experienced this problem enable “pre release” downloads from “Edit Account Info” on the dashboard page. This will let you try a beta version when it comes out (likely within the next few weeks). If the issue is still a problem we can take a closer look during the beta testing period. Thanks!