Cornerstone not updating Sandboxed URLs like Visual and Text shortcodes

I moved a site from one url which was acting as a sandbox to another URL. Cornerstone is remembering the old URLs even after a thorough search and replace using ‘Better Search and Replace’ plugin. The front end updates fine. But for some reason when editing the page in Cornerstone I see the old URLs from the sandboxed version. My hosting company said this below:

"I performed several search and replaces for the http://zcdemo.com URL(including https, www and https www), however my search and replace made only 1 replacement. It is possible that these URLs have been hardcoded in the application and are not merely URL references leftover in the database.

In order to resolve this issue, I would strongly recommend you get in touch with the X Theme developers as they may be able to provide you with further information explaining how you can remedy these URL references."

Additionally when looking through ‘Visual’ and ‘Text’ tabs I see the correct URLs but ‘Cornerstone’ tab I see missing images because it is referencing the old sandboxed URLs like they were never updating. As if it is hard coded into the application like my hosting company suggested.

Try these two search and replace queries:

FIND: https:\/\/zcdemo.com
REPLACE: https://www.longboatkeychamber.com/
FIND: http:\/\/zcdemo.com
REPLACE: https://www.longboatkeychamber.com/

It’s related to how PHP by default will escape slashes. We’ve added a fix in a recent update but it will only work on modern versions of PHP and will only take effect on pages created or saved after that update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.