Cornerstone not loading on website

When going into the cornerstone editor on the website I get this error and the wheel just keeps on spinning without loading anything.

“Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list”

I deleted unused plugins and disabled the rest.

The problem still persists.

Please advise.

Hello @Gearcidy,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict or cache issue. I would suggest you follow the below steps.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Reinstall the latest version of the X theme from the Themeco Dashboard account.
  3. After the X theme is installed, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Deleting Cornerstone > Reloading the most current theme > Reinstalling Cornerstone did the trick! Thank you!

Hi @Gearcidy,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Looks Like I spoke too soon… It worked then stopped wortking again. I am unable to access the theme options so I was unable to verify #5 in the list

To this point I updated the theme, reinstalled cornerstone, (not using. a child theme), increased PHP memory limit, disabled cache through wordpress and bluehost. Don’t Use a CDN so that’s irrelevant. Resaved permalinks and as far as version compatibility goes I’m running a stock website with all plugins currently turned off.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi Gearcidy,

Please install and run WP-Optimize to make sure all cache residue is clean and clear. (See the details in the secure note why I think this is a caching related issue)

If the issue persists, I would advise sending the URL to your host and asking them why when requested from a browser it doesn’t match the same content of the file stored on the server.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.