Cornerstone not loading for editing pages

Hi there,

I see several users have had the same issue and reasons may vary. I have been trying on different browsers to edit my portfolio pages with Cornerstone. I have cleared cache, disabled browser extensions, disabled third party plugins on WordPress, and the issue persists.

My WordPress version is 4.9.1
My X version is 5.2.5 and Cornerstone is 2.1.7.
site: www.marcelomartinezc.com

My current host is shared with a friend for his professional needs so I don’t know the details about the provider and its configuration. I can always reach out to him to change what we need to change, e.g the PHP memory limit.

Hope you can help me with this, thanks in advance!

Hi there,

To enable the Cornerstone for the Portfolio post type you will need to go to X > Cornerstone menu and add the Portfolio to the Allowed Post Types option.

Save the settings and you should see the Cornerstone in the portfolio items. Please consider that you can not use the Cornerstone for the cases that you already used the Visual Editor of the WordPress. If you want to use for such cases you need to delete whatever you added in the Visual Editor and go to Cornerstone mode and start things from scratch there.

Thank you.

Thank you. It seems that that option was active, I noticed I actually cannot edit anything in Cornerstone at all anymore, not only the portfolio. When I click on the edit button, it goes to the loading symbol and it hangs there indefinitely. This might have been on the latest updates of it since I haven’t attempted an update for months. Is this an issue with the PHP memory limit? I’ll send you the log when I attempt an edit on a secure note.

Hi There,

Thank you for the log, the file cs-vendor.js that Cornerstone needed is either blocked or deleted from your site. Your site might still be affected by this False Positive Malicious file issue from last week (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hosting-service-identified-cornerstone-files-to-be-malicious/178621)

Please do the solution I provided here.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I see, thank you. I will give this a try.

You’re welcome.
Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.