Cornerstone not loading after update (Version 5.0.7)

Hi, I recently updated my site to the latest version of X and Cornerstone. Now, when I try to edit any page with Cornerstone, the loading animation shows for a second, then it’s a blank gray screen. I cannot edit any pages.

I have tried disabling all plugins except for Cornerstone but it did not fix the issue. I also noticed a json error in the dev console, but I don’t know what it means.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @ocwebteam,

Thanks for reaching out.
It might be due to the improper up-gradation of the X theme and Cornerstone plugin. A few hours ago we have released another version of the theme with some fixes, I would recommend you to update your theme to the latest one.
I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the theme.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues on this.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi, thank you for the reply. With this new update, I was able to get everything working correctly using the parent X theme, but I am still having a problem with my child theme. Cornerstone rarely loads and usually just shows the sidebar and the loader spinning. I tried removing all plugins again, but it did not work. Here is the error in the dev console:

ReferenceError: csPreviewLateData is not defined
at app.04c7ef5.js:42
at Vb (react-dom.min.js?ver=16.9.0:104)
at Xi (react-dom.min.js?ver=16.9.0:151)
at unstable_runWithPriority (react.min.js?ver=16.9.0:26)
at Ma (react-dom.min.js?ver=16.9.0:52)
at Yb (react-dom.min.js?ver=16.9.0:150)
at react-dom.min.js?ver=16.9.0:140
at ra (react.min.js?ver=16.9.0:15)
at W (react.min.js?ver=16.9.0:16)
at MessagePort.za (react.min.js?ver=16.9.0:24)

The person who worked here before me set up the child theme in a way that I’m not familiar with, so I’m afraid to re-create a new child theme. I am hoping maybe you can take a look and see if you can find a quick solution since I’m in a bit of a bind. Would you mind?

I am also having the same problem, the screen is grey and just showing the loading circle

Hi @ocwebteam,

Thanks for providing your credentials.

I just log in to your website and check your child theme files. The culprit why the cornerstone is always loading when the child theme is active is the files found in your x-child/framework/views/global/_header.php line code 24. You need to check if that iframe code is still usable in your website because when you disable that code the cornerstone loading so fine. Please keep in mind that, we don’t support code customization, I am just giving you some insight on where you could find the culprit. If you need customization, you may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your customization or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @modavies,

Please update your X and Cornerstone to the latest version because it fixes various conflicts with theme options / builder not loading and plugin conflicts. If the issue still persists, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Great! This worked for me. Thank you very much for helping to get to the bottom of this.

Glad to hear it! You’re most welcome. Thanks for confirming with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.