Cornerstone Not Launching Page I select to edit in Cornerstone 5.2.2 and X 8.2.2

I’m hoping you can help me out. Since the launch of Cornerston 5.x and X Theme 8.x I have been unable to launch the Cornerstone Editor from a page I want to edit. Logged into the website and on the page I’d like to edit with cornerstone, the launcher does not bring me to the page I need to edit.
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 12.29.00 PM

Clicking the X Symbol, Edit Page, or Cornerstone brings me into the “Start Building” dialog. When I click “Launch” it brings up the Cornerstone editor for the front page, not the page I want to edit. Additionally, going into the Wordpress “Pages”, and selecting the page I want to edit, clicking on edit with Cornerstone, it still does the same thing.

In order to edit a page other than the front page I must select Launch, and then go into “Content” and manually find the page I want to edit. This process wastes a lot of my time.

I’m including an unlisted YouTube video link to show you the problem first hand. Please note, this is not occurring on one site that I’ve updated to Cornerstone 5.2.2 and X 8.2.2. This is occurring on all sites I manage that have upgraded. Each site has different plugins, not the same as each other. I also have a test platform without plugins that experiences this issue.

Please check out my video to see first hand the issue.

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.

Rich Charpentier

Hello Rich,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. Please go to Settings > Permalinks and then update the permalink to at least “Post Name” setting and save your changes.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.