Cornerstone not integrating properly with my theme

Hi,

I have a custom theme that I’m developing on my local machine for a client and I wanted to build CS into some specific pages.

The problem I’m having though is that the preview is very hit and miss. Sometimes I get an error: “Uh oh! An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode.” Other times it says “unable to initialize preview. Failed to load iFrame” in builder.js.

I’ve tried to disable all plugins, and increase the memory limit of WordPress according to other articles I’ve found in KB. I added WP_MEMORY_LIMIT=512M and WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT=768M to the wp-config.php file. I also tested on Chrome and FireFox and I get the same behavior.

The other thing I noticed is that when I add something simple like Section -> Row -> Column -> Text, and then hit the Save button, the page refreshes and the entire Section -> Row -> Column -> Text entry is missing (even in the source HTML). Sometimes if I hit refresh on the browser, the Section -> Row -> Column -> Text reappears.

Can anyone help??

Hello There,

Thank you for a more detailed information. Please keep in mind that the text element only accepts some html tags or just plain text. I would recommend that you use raw content element if you want to insert custom html codes. And please do make sure that your html code is valid and correct. Unclosed html tags or invalid html character may create conflict and could even result to an error.

Hey There,
​
​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
​
Thank you.

I never mentioned adding in HTML into a text element, so I’m not sure why you thought that was relevant?

I also mentioned that I’m building this on a local installation of WordPress, so I’m not sure how I would provide a link to the site??

Most of the time that error means WordPress never ran the_content filter, or something interfered with Cornerstone being able to access it. That is where Cornerstone ties into the theme content area.

Because your installation is offline, could you upload a copy of the theme somewhere and share the link with us in a secure note? We could download it and test locally as well to see what might be causing that error.

I can create a ZIP package of the WP install for you on my webserver and give you FTP access to it. Will that work?

Hey There,

That sounds like a great idea! Looking forward helping you out with this.