Cornerstone Not Installed with X Theme

Hi — I’ve just installed the X theme fresh on a staging site, and it simply has not installed the Cornerstone plugin.

On the X page in the admin panel, I see an error message at the top that reads: “Cornerstone has been installed, but could not be automatically activated. Please activate from the plugins page.” When I visit the plugins page, Cornerstone hasn’t been installed at all (I’ve checked both active and inactive plugins).

Can you let me know how to remedy this?

Hello @CoreaCrew,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I think there might be some temporary hiccups. To resolve the issue, using FTP programs like FileZilla, please navigate under /wp-content/plugins/ and delete Cornerstone folder (if any). After that please revoke and revalidate X Theme from X > Overview. Doing so will also install Cornerstone page builder automatically.

You can refer following tutorial to get started with Filezilla. https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi — thanks for the update. I was able to resolve this by manually uploading a zipped copy of the Cornerstone plugin from a previous X download, then updating the plugin after install. I appreciate the help.

Hi there,

Make sure that PHP cURL extension is installed and enabled on your server and also choose a PHP version like 5.6.x or higher to avoid any incompatibility issues.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.