Cornerstone not functioning at all (Jan18)

Hi guys i’d really appreciate some help here as my clients website is completely broken

On realising it was broken I logged in to see if I could try to fix the layout in the quickest way with Cornerstone, the images were recently moved over to WP engine so I wondered if this was what caused the problem initially…

I logged in anyway and began to try to edit the home page, the layout seems to be fixed to full width and no matter how hard I try I cannot get several columns to function at all.

I’m in a bit of a panic so i’d really appreciate any help whatsoever. I’m running the most up-to-date version of Wordpress and Cornerstone too.

Hello @sian21,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following general solutions.

  1. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/1
  2. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  4. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.