Cornerstone not displaying pages when launched

Hi Guys,
Yes I am another novice who built his own website using X theme and enjoyed the ease with which to build it, and I have muddled through to produce, what I think is a website that fulfils my business needs at moment.
I have now hit a stonewall after this weekend (not sure if the Crowdstrike issue caused this), but initially an error message displayed on cornerstone stating that preview wasn’t available due to iframe issue.
I followed the advice of clearing the cache and also deactivating all of the plugins (except for Cornerstone), but this didn’t clear the error.
Further, after this when I launch Cornerstone, where previously, all of my pages on the site were displayed to be selected, now it only shows Untitled Components (created whilst trying to work through this).
Is there a way to resolve this by reinstalling Cornerstone.
Obviously the Crowdstrike issue has occurred, and also I created a page that had an embedded code for a mailchimp contact form (using one of the Themeco standard templates). This page is displaying fine and is visible on the website. But I have lost all access to pages in the Visual Builder.
I am not in the mood to try and replicate this website again. so any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated

Steve

Ok, So have found out myself how to view the pages in cornerstone. I had managed to remove pages from administrator access in cornerstone settings. I can now see them having highlighted pages and updated it.
I am still getting the no preview issue due to iframe response

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.
It might be due to the improper update of Cornerstone. I would suggest you update it by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone.
  2. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be the latest version.

If that does not help, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us recognize the reason:

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN
7.Increasing PHP Memory Limit

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Steve,

If you are facing the same issue while activating the default theme Twenty Seventeen and deactivating all the plugins, that means there might be something else as the reason behind your problem. I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Guys, am attaching the details in a secure note attached to this

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, the given credentials are not working. Can you please check and send it once again ?

Thanks

Sorry, try it now
Same username and password

Hi Steve,

I have checked your staging site thoroughly and tested all possible ways but still, it shows the error. If you have any working backup, I would suggest you restore it in the staging and re-install or update the X once again. If you don’t have any backup, you can ask your Hosting Service provider, so they can revert back the site to the last working condition.
If you still face the same issue after the restoration of the backup, please let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Hi Guys, I had a backup that dates back to 18 Mar (Yes, I know I should back up more often. Using Updraft for Backup and restore, I loaded this fully working back up from 4 months ago and when I went into Cornerstone, I got exactly the same fault as I have been experiencing. It was a clean install of wordpress and then install of updraft and then a upload and restore of the back up.
Surely this should not be happening?

Hi Steve,

Hopefully, it will not happen after the restoration of backup. Please let us know how that works for you.

Thanks

Hi Guys, I did a restore with the old back up and the backed up theme (which should have worked), but the same problem occurred. Contacted the hosting company as something at their end, in my eyes could be the only area where the problem could occur, and apparently there was a update to the mod security firewall at the weekend, so am getting them to look into it for me. That makes sense after everything else that has occurred

Thanks

Hi Guys, just to bring this to a close. It turns out that when selecting a page in Cornerstone, it was triggering a security firewall rule. The hosting company have disabled that specific rule for my website. Thanks for all of your help and advice. Appreciate it. The long hours haven’t been wasted as I learnt a lot more about my backups and restoring and using those options

Hi Steve,

Glad to know that problem is resolved now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.