Cornerstone not allowing edits

The site displays all pages/posts correctly
However, any attempt to edit a page gives the following behaviour in cornerstone
The top image is displayed correctly for about 1/10th second
The section headers are shown correctly on the left
The sections are empty, and, apart from the title of the page and the author attribution, nothing is in the editing pane

Latest version of cornerstone and X
NGinx environment
No new plugins

Hi @celliott101,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site and I see an invalid code in the Global JS section which could be breaking your site, please remove the custom code first and then clear all caches including your browser’s cache and see if this resolves the issue?

If the problem persists then please perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  2. CHILD THEME
  3. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  4. INCREASING PHP MEMORY LIMIT
  5. DISABLING CACHE
  6. DISABLING CDN
  7. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hey Chris,

Looks like you’re blocking access to your site. Please disable all IP restrictions so we can check your site. We cannot use VPN so we really need you to temporarily disable all restrictions.

Thanks.

Hi christian
Sorry about that
I have temporarily disabled all logon security , so you should be OK now
I should have thought about this before, sorry for wasting your time

Best regards
chris

Hi Chris,

It might be due to the improper up-gradation of the Cornerstone plugin. I would also suggest you follow the below steps and update the Cornerstone once again.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, I would request you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello @celliott101,

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I went ahead and checked your site it seems that you there is a plugin conflict. The plugin called " WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click" I deactivated the plugin and then it is working fine.
Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Thanks

Thanks Prakash
It does indeed seem to be that plugin.
IOt worked just fine - for over 2 years - before the latest Cornerstone update

Anyway, thanks again for finding what the issue was - I appreciate it

Best regards

Chris

You are most welcome Chris.
We are really glad that your issue has been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.