Cornerstone load error after latest update

“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”

I am now seeing this message on trying to load Cornerstone. This is after just the latest Cornerstone update to V2.2.1.

I have spoken to my Host about it but they have said to me they have checked that things are set correctly in regards to PHP memory limit. They don’t have any other clue of what special requirements are now required on the server for Cornerstone. Can you please let me know what needs to be set on my server that is different as everything was working just fine before this update.

I am a guy like you. I had the same issue and fixed by clearing the cache. If you are using a CDN then make sure its cleared too. When you try to visit that page again and you get the same error, just reload it. It worked for fine for me, hope it works for you,

Its not server related and whoever you spoke with should have told you that.

Thanks for the reply but not running CDN and have cleared all caches and still won’t load. Hopefully the X team will be able to help me. At least tell me how I can roll back to version 2.0.6 of Conerstone which is working fine on my server.

Have just updated to X v5. 2.2 and Cornerstone v2.1.3. Everything appears to be working just fine except I still get the error listed on the first msg when trying to use cornerstone to edit any page.

Hope you get around to fixing this soon.

I’ve checked your site and it looks like something is causing it to load jQuery over a CDN instead of through WordPress. It’s generally not a good idea to replace WordPress native libraries as this can lead to conflicts.

The reason Cornerstone doesn’t load is because the site is trying to load jQuery over HTTP while you have things switched to HTTPS. This prevents the script from loading.

I would advise reviewing any site optimizations you’ve done. It may be best to turn them all off, then re-add them after confirming things still work across the site.

Thank you very much, I have turned off that optimisation and Cornerstone is now loading just fine. :grinning:

Ok great! Thanks for letting us know.