Cornerstone just spins

Hi I can’t get to edit my site as soon as I try cornerstone just spins and does not load, please help.
Cheers
David

Hello David,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the URL associated with your license code. It seems that your SSL was not properly installed. Please go to the plugins section and install Really Simple SSL plugin. You can use this plugin to correct your SSL setup.

After your SSL setup, we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi ruenel,
Thanks for the direction. I have downloaded the plugin, but I wanted to check in before I activate as the plugin is suggesting the following action before I activate:

" Some things can’t be done automatically. Before you migrate, please check for:

• Http references in your .css and .js files: change any http:// into //
  • Images, stylesheets or scripts from a domain without an SSL certificate: remove them or move to your own server
  • We strongly recommend to take a backup of your site before activating SSL"
    I am running a backup as we speak, but as far as the other suggestions I just wanted to check with you to make sure this is going to be OK with my X theme before I activate.
    Please advise if there is any actions I should take before I run with this.
    Cheers
    David

Hello David,

Really Simple SSL is a great plugin in properly setting up your SSL. If you are not sure about the SSL, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings and investigate further. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Best Regards.

Hi runnel,
I have completed all the changes you suggested but cornerstone and theme options still just spins. I noticed on my wp-config file that there was already a memory limit defined so I placed the new one below that as it was part of a direct path statement and I did not want to screw that up.
I have added a new admin user for you to take a look, see Secure not for details.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
David

Hello David,

I have checked some pages on your site in Cornerstone and they are loading without any issues. Please see the link in secure note.

Are you just getting this issue for specific pages? If not, please try clearing your browser cache then check again.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey jade,
I tried again in Safari with no luck even after clearing the cache. So I tried it in Firefox and it worked fine. Looks like Safari on El Cap is no longer working with your system, oh well Firefox it is.
Thanks for taking the time to take a look, and thanks for being there with all that is going on in the world right now.
Have a great day and stay safe.
Cheers
David

Glad you were able to access it now David.

You may also check any browser extension. Please try it with those extension disabled.

Hi lely,
Thanks I will give that a try.
I just tried to access the knowledge base and got an unexpected error dialog am I doing something wrong? try in Safari and Firefox.
Cheers
David

Hello David,

Yes, I can confirm the issue.
I will be forwarding this to our developers for further investigation.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.