Hi there, I am unable to load cornerstone to edit my site. It opens a new page that just loads infinitely. I’ve seen a few things mentioned on the thread, and have tried the basic ones but I’m not much of a coder so any assistance would be welcome.
i had same problem. basically the live server didnot have enough memory/modules to run it.
so what I would suggest it you deploy it on a local offline host like bitnami.
create page using cornerstone in that offline site, test the things and just copy paste the final shortcode in the live server’s post/page, rather than trying to do things on cornerstone on the live server it self.
ref:
Thanks for helping out.
You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
If that doesn’t help try to increase your memory by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file.
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
Please let us know how ti goes
Hey @paul.r
I am having the same problems as the OP, and have done the following to no avail:
- disabled all other plugins
- reinstall cornerstone plugin
- increase my memory by adding the same code in my wp-config.php
Any other suggestions on how to move forward?
Thanks!
Hello There,
Thanks for updating this thread. Please also make sure that the Site URL and WordPress Address URL in the settings, Settings > General is using the same url as you WP dashboard url. Please see this screenshot as an example: http://prntscr.com/gdvzng
If nothing helps, would you mind providing us access to your WP site so that we can investigate further. This is to make sure that we can give you a tailored solution.
Best Regards.
Does the hyper text transfer protocol need to match on both the website and the wordpress settings? If so that may be the issue. Our website shows up without either http or https.
Yes, they need to match and you either need to use http or https and not leave it blank.
Thanks.
So I’ve reached out to our website host and they pointed out that because we do not use a secure connection modern browsers naturally just won’t display the http. So it is technically there. Given that they don’t figure it’s the conflict issue. They did log in and couldn’t find any error messages being produced by the plugin, and were wondering if you had a debug version we could use.
Hi there,
Thanks, I can’t find what’s causing this issue. This is the actual error,
{"success":false,"data":{"invalid_user":true,"message":"nonce verification failed."}}
Mostly this is due to cache since the user/account is valid. The nonce verification is for security purposes in which attached to currently logged in user.
Please try changing your wp-config.php keys, please check this https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Security_Keys, and you may use this to generate new keys https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/
Thanks!
Have you verified that that’s a fix or is that just a suggestion? I’ve disabled the Securi plugin but I cant disabled WordFence as the site I maintain is under constant threat.
Hi there,
That’s common fix when it comes to NONCE issue, which is user related ("invalid_user":true). But I’m not saying it’s the only one. I also stated that I’m not sure what’s causing that issue so we need to narrow down the issue, by trying what we know one at a time.
Do you have another thread where we suggest disabling your security plugin? That could be needed but as last resort. The above suggestion is for changing the security keys only which is built-in to Wordpress.
Thanks!
I have got this problem - Cornerstone wont open - just keeps loading. I need a set of instructions as I am techno numpty. Can anyone help?
L have deactivated all plugins but it still wont load. Not sure where to find wp-config.php to increase memory…
Hey @ninu_conception,
We kindly ask that you post your issue in a separate thread. This is to avoid getting off topic and make sure that we can attend to your issue which might have a different cause of the issue. By the way, to increase the PHP memory, you will have to edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
You can find this file wp-config.php file by logging in to your ftp and browse to your WP installation directory.
Please do response to us in your new separate thread.
Thank you for understanding.