Cornerstone JS Conflict - Causing issue with saving (hint - issue with a shortcode)

Hey there,

After quite a bit of testing on various pages of my site, I figured out what’s causing Cornerstone to not save my CSS changes (even though it saves actual “page” changes). My conflict is with Slick Slider, which I’ve embedded into various pages through shortcode to create sliders of “testimonials” (a CPT) as well as video sliders.

It’s definitely Slick causing the issue - however on the main site it looks and works great with no errors. So my ultimate question is - is it possible to make Cornerstone not parse the shortcode in Cornerstone (editing view) but just short [shortcode-name] in the preview and then parse it on the actual site? I wanted to see if that’d fix the issue. I’m thinking something about the shortcode is causing the issue in the editor.

I have another page that has an issue with another shortcode (not mine, but by WP Favorite Posts). Anyways, wondering if you have any ideas!

My next step is to use the Cornerstone API and create my own element for this instead, maybe that’ll fix it :slight_smile:

Hey @mattmintun,

There is no function for this but maybe you can copy how Slider Revolution and the grid plugins are blocked or are not displayed inside the Content Builder (Cornerstone). I’m sorry but I could not help specifically with this though is this falls in the realm of custom development.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you! That makes sense. Will see what I can do. If I figure it out, I’ll post it here for others to use.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.