Cornerstone Issues post Malicious Tag Incident

Hello

Facing issues with Cornerstone since some time now after the ‘cs-vendor.js’ files were tagged malicious by the host.

Everything was running fine and smooth before this, its only after the malicious tag incident I’m facing the issues. I have the ports unblocked now.

However I was facing issues with cornerstone loading, it would just keep spinning and just not load. I read on one of the topics to replace the ‘cs-vendor.js’ file with a new one. So I changed the ‘cs-vendor.js’ to a new one from a fresh package because the old one had permissions gone to 000.

After this Cornerstone does load, but however, now it does not load up any content. I can choose anything, ‘Options’, ‘Content’, ‘Templates’ there is nothing loading after that.

I have also checked the memory allocation for PHP and that is at 256mb at the host’s end. I have also added the PHP memory limit code to the wp-config files as stated in some other threads.

Need help with this, is quite urgent.

Hi there,

To help you on this we need following details in a secure note.

-Website URL

  • Wp login for your website
  • FTP details

Thanks

Have updated the information requested in the secure note.
Awaiting your reply.

Thanks.

Hi There,

I see that your PHP and MySQL version is v5.4.45 and v5.5.53 respectively. WordPress requires at least version 5.6 or higher. Please contact your host how you can update the PHP and MySQL version.

Please also reinstall the Cornerstone to make sure that there is no file corrupted in there. To do this, deactivate and delete the Cornerstone and then navigate to X > Overview and X should automatically reinstall the Cornerstone from there.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have updated the PHP version up to 5.6 now.
And the host will try and see if they can update MySQL to 5.6 too at their end.

I deactivated and deleted Cornerstone as stated, however now when I go back to X>Overview, it says “Cornerstone has been installed, but could not be automatically activated. Please activate from the plugins page. Error Details.”

And now I can’t seem to install Cornerstone back. It doesn’t even show up in the Plugins page.

Help!

Hi there,

It’s a permission issue, the cornerstone plugin permission is set to 0 instead of 644 or 755.

I went ahead and installed a new cornerstone plugin through FTP, but please note that the plugin in /public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/plugins/cornerstone.zip still has the 0 permission. And because of this, future updates will not work.

If this could happen in a file, then I’m afraid that this issue could be existing from other files too which could affect the builder. You should contact your hosting provider to fix all permission issues.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.