Cornerstone issue after updating it (latest version 6.1.4)

We updated the plugin to version 6.1.4 and have updated X theme to 9.1.4.

After updating, when trying to edit a page, cornerstone is just reading and not loading all its features. See loom- https://www.loom.com/share/615bb5322050472fb41118d09433e32b

Also, we had to go back to a previous backup because of this issue and after restoring the website - we had this error (https://prnt.sc/Lh9kazAtppP0). We had to deactivate cornerstone plugin because of this error.

Hi @rightsizeyourhome,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found that you are using the older version of X i.e. 8.3.3 and that makes me assume that you may have updated the Cornerstone without updating the X. If that is the case, I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of X and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be in the latest version.

If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your staging site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, I followed the instructions but cornerstone is still not letting me edit any pages. I’ve added a secure note for the access of the website. Thank you for your help.

Hi @rightsizeyourhome,

I have checked your website again and found the issue you described. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello @tristup , I tried this troubleshooting method:

Testing for Theme Related Issue

Whenever you encounter an issue, the first step to check is to find out if it is related to the theme you installed or not. Follow the steps below to check for theme related issues:

• Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes change the X or Pro theme or the X or Pro Child Theme to a default WordPress theme, such as Twenty Seventeen.
  • If the problem persists, then it is not related to the X or Pro theme.
  • If the problem goes away, it is something related to the X or Pro theme, and you should continue the troubleshooting.

I changed the theme to Twenty Twenty-One and Cornerstone worked. So the problem is with X theme.

Could you check again and fix the theme? Thank you.

Hi @rightsizeyourhome,

We mostly avoid investigating on the live site. I would suggest you create the staging site or you can take a backup of the live site and let us know for further investigation. I would also suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and reinstall it by downloading it from your Themeco Account once again, and check if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, I deactivated and deleted X theme and used the file from our Themeco account as suggested but it did not resolve the issue. Our website has 2 backups so it’s ok to investigate on the live website.

Hi @rightsizeyourhome,

I have checked all the options but still, the same issue appeared. It might be the Server Level Cache is the reason why the same issue appears even after all the plugins are deactivated and the theme has been newly installed. I would request you contact your hosting provider to purge all the server-level cache and let us know how it works for you. Till then please don’t activate any plugins.

Thanks

Hi @tristup. I’ve contacted our hosting and they’ve purged the Dynamic Cache and Memcache at the Server Level Cache. After that I’ve cleared my Chrome’s cache. Then I logged back in to Wordpress to check if the issue is fixed but to no joy. Same issue still. See Loom - https://www.loom.com/share/93c9dd3e70a4444f96c74f44d8675dbf

Hey @rightsizeyourhome,

After investigating your website, I found out that the issue was in the Global CSS. You added a bunch of HTML code that confuse the live preview. That being said, please double check your Global CSS and remove the HTML tags.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @marc_a thank you so much for this solution. It worked! I can finally edit the pages again.

You are most welcome, @rightsizeyourhome.
Please feel free to create another thread if you need any further help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.