Cornerstone is slow to save, takes minutes

Is there perhaps some issue slowing me down, my preview screen just loads forever, so I click save,and it takes several minutes to get the process done. Working at this slow pace is time-consuming.

Can you look at my site and tell what may be wrong? https://mredsanders.net is the site.

Many thanks in advance.

Ed Sanders

Hi there Ed,

I’ve tried to take a look at this for you but after around 2 minutes of waiting for the website to load it always returns an internal server error (https://monosnap.com/file/40OQOUdebo4S7X5R9YVlng37jbc7zH#)

Can you check the server error log please and let us know any errors that are shown.

Thanks!

Hi Jack,

My server was down for a while yesterday. Seems to be back up now. Unfortunately, the raw access logs are full of jibberish, being that the site is encrypted. Not sure where to find what you need.

It seems like there is a lot going on in the background when I open cornerstone. The response time has improved now that the server problems seem to have been resolved.

I was thinking maybe I didn’t set up the site’s settings properly.

Any chance you have to look again, I’ll certainly appreciate it.

Regards, Ed Sanders

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I am another staff checking in. I still could not load your website url. It seems that there are issues in your server. Please do ask assistance from your hosting provider. They should be able to know and tell you why your site is not loading from our end.

We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I followed your suggestion regarding the memory limit. Changed the file via ftp. Also had the host to upgrade the php version to 5.6 something. I notice a better response time, I think disabling the adblock plus in firefox caused me to get better response.

Much appreciation for helping me. Regards, Ed Sanders

Great news! It’s good to know that it works for you.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.