Cornerstone is showing an older version of my page

Hi, I have recently finished a site and sent it to an editor. She has edited it and I can see her changes on the live version. However when I go in to edit a page in Cornerstone it shows me an older version of the page. I mistakenly saved one of these and have lost her changes but this has happened throughout the site, please can you help.

The site is here http://79.170.44.80/encompasstraining.co.uk/

Thank you

Tamsin

PS please copy replies to [email protected]

Looking in to this further it seems that because my editor had editor level access she could only see the text view and not edit with cornerstone. How is this not better organised with cornerstone? My whole site edit is useless now and I cannot track what has happened or use the pages as they are - I am so surprised that your system would allow someone with Editor level access (lower and presumably safer than admin) to effectively mess up the whole site by editing outside of cornerstone.

Please tell me there is a fix for this and that I can feed the pages back into cornerstone somehow or get cornerstone to show the live version of the content.

We have many many x theme and pro licenses and I am very worried to find this issue.

Thank you

Tamsin

PS please copy replies to [email protected]

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, if the page is built in Cornerstone and then suddenly edited outside of the Cornerstone, regretfully you won’t be able to edit that page back in Cornerstone, unless you keep a cornerstone page template (.csl file) or a backup of it.

If you need the other account roles to use the Cornerstone. Please navigate to X > Cornerstone and add the account roles that you want to allow editing on Cornerstone.

On X version 4, this option is under Cornerstone > Settings

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you.

I really think you should build in some kind of warning that someone of lower user level will have access to edit the code but not through cornerstone.

You’re welcome, we certainly appreciate the feedback. Let me report this to our Dev Team as enhancement.

Cheers!