Cornerstone is not working on my site

Hi!
I have had some problems with updating Cornerstone, so i updated it manually through ftp. Now when I try to edit with Cornerstone the site gives med the following message: The page is not working. HTTP ERROR 500.

This happens whenever I push the X-button, or anything that has something to do with X or Cornestone.

The plugin is activated

URL for the page is https://toppidrettslinjen.no/

I really hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Hello @BRIKAS,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thanks for the info.

Kindly login through FTP and edit the wp-config.php file and find the line define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); then set it to true. Then go back to Cornerstone where you are getting the 500 error and you should get more detailed errors which will give you some clearer information on what is causing the error.

Please let us know the error so that we can give you a clear answer.

Thanks

Tanks!

Here is more detailed errors:

Notice: Undefined index: WP_Widget_Recent_Comments in /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/setup.php on line 213

Notice: Undefined index: tco_google_analytics_id in /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-google-analytics/functions/options.php on line 51

Notice: Undefined index: tco_meta_tag in /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-google-analytics/functions/options.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/setup.php:213) in /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1219

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Cornerstone_Font_Manager::mime_types() in /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/app/class-app.php:147 Stack trace: #0 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/app/class-app.php(204): Cornerstone_App->register_app_scripts(Array) #1 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/app/class-app.php(45): Cornerstone_App->enqueue_scripts(Array) #2 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Cornerstone_App->load(’’) #3 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #4 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/app/class-app-boot.php(85): do_action(‘cornerstone_boo…’) #6 /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Cornerstone_App_Boot->detect_load(Object(WP)) #7 /home/toppihq in /home/toppihqf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/app/class-app.php on line 147

Hi There @BRIKAS

I have updated your X theme and then I have tried to re-install your Cornerstone plugin, but I’m getting the following error.
Målmappen finnes allerede.
I have tried to install Cornerstone plugin manually, but it did not install.

We will require your FTP credentials to check this issue further. In the meantime, you can also download the latest version of X theme and then once you unzip x.zip file, you can use cornerstone.zip file under (x/framework/) to install it manually and then see if that helps.

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana

I tried the same earlier, that is when everything crashed. By the way, Målmappen finnes allerede translates to "The folder does already exists.

Hi There @BRIKAS

Thanks for the translation. Actually the issue was that some of your Cornerstone files have been corrupted and I couldn’t even delete the Cornerstone folder through FTP for some reason.

Command:	DELE class-font-manager.php
Response: 	550 Could not delete class-font-manager.php: Operation not permitted
Command:	CWD /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes
Response: 	250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes
Command:	PWD
Response: 	257 "/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes" is your current location
Command:	RMD styling
Response: 	550 Can't remove directory: Directory not empty
Command:	CWD /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes
Response: 	250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes
Response: 	257 "/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes" is your current location
Command:	RMD classes
Command:	CWD /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone
Response: 	250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone
Response: 	257 "/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone" is your current location
Command:	RMD includes
Command:	CWD /public_html/wp-content/plugins
Response: 	250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/wp-content/plugins
Command:	RMD cornerstone

So I have renamed your current Cornerstone plugin folder under /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone to OLDcornerstone and then re-installed the Cornerstone plugin.

Then I was able to load Cornerstone without any issues (see secure note). Could you please check on your end as well and confirm.

Thanks!

Eureka! It is working. Thank you so much!

And thank you for fantastic support!

Wish you all a pleasent weekend!

1 Like

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.