Cornerstone is not opening and page are not editing

Hello There,

I am getting the error while option the theme option from WP admin and also I can not edit any page due to that theme. Please see the attached screenshot to see the error. Here is my staging URL:-
https://smg.wordkeeper.net/x/#/options

“nonce verification failed.”

Looking forward to your response!!

Thanks,

Hello John,

Thanks for writing in!

Is the error Rejecting AJAX promise {invalid_user: true, message: "nonce verification failed."}?

This is always related to security restrictions carried out by your hosting provider, please report this issue to your web host. They should be able to give some insight and resolution to this error.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings and theme files. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello John,

I have logged in and checked all the files. Everything seems in order. I am not sure where you have hosted your files. Can you please contact your hosting provider and add them to disable your ModSecurity or at least modify it to allow certain URLs to be displayed. Please refer to these following threads:

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello @ruenel,

Can you please suggest to me that what you exactly want with my hosting?
So that I can tell him about that.

Thanks,

Hello John,

Please ask your hosting provider to disable your ModSecurity or at least whitelist the URLs in the secure note.

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel

Here the response from our support. Please have a look and suggest.

"Hey John,
We might need to dig on this a bit further. The theme developer has made a bit of an unsafe assumption here. We don’t use ModSecurity. So needless to say, we can’t disable it. :slight_smile:

I was trying to figure out if there were any errors in our logs that would tell us much about what we are seeing here but there aren’t really any recent error logs. I also tried to determine how to see this in the theme editor on the site myself but I didn’t have much luck.

Would you be able to ask the team for specific steps that we can follow to see this first hand? We might be able to make some more sense of this if we can see it directly. "

Waiting for your response!!

Thanks,

Hi John,

Did you able to resolve the issue? I can open your Theme Options and Cornerstone now (see screenshots below).

But I’m seeing an error when I open the page in Cornerstone and check the browser console, it has something to do with custom rest API that your “Wordpress Popular Posts” plugin is using. Try deactivating that plugin and see if that resolves the issue on your end.

Another thing, I see on your screenshot above, that you have plenty of browser’s extension, can you try incognito mode where there are no caching and browser’s extension enabled? It’s possible that one of your browser’s extension is the culprit.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.