Cornerstone install

HI, I’ve tried to install cornerstone manually but it keeps telling me it failed as the folder already exists. I can,t seem to proceed

Hi There,

Access your site via FTP

Access wp-content/plugins/ and remove cornerstone folder.

After that access wp admin dashboard | X and Cornerstone should be installed automatically.

Hope it helps

Hi Joao, sorry to be a pain my site is exnihilo.live what’s the correct address to get to the folder you mentioned. I downloaded FileZilla but every combination of http this and that fails to connect.

Destination folder already exists. /wpcom-134316717/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/ that’s what it’s telling me.

Do I have to go to exnihilo.live/wpcom-134316717/wp-content/plugins

No matter, I’ve resolved the issue myself. Wordpress don’t allow ftp access to blogs. I went to the plugins page and just deactivated then deleted cornerstone and tried to upload again and hey presto it’s up and running fine but thanks for the time anyway. I thought you guys might have known all this ???

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

My colleague was instructing you to login to FTP and navigate to wp-content/plugins/ and delete or remove the cornerstone folder.

In your case it’s /wpcom-134316717/wp-content/plugins/ and delete the cornerstone folder.

Anyway, you can also deactivate and delete from wordpress dashboard just like what you did.

Glad to know you were able to figure it out.