Cornerstone install not available in X

Hi, I just purchased X Theme this morning, working on a site that I have inherited from another developer who had it installed with no purchase code and all of the pages are built with Cornerstone. I couldn’t get Cornerstone to work properly and read that it needed to be updated. So I have reinstalled the latest X theme but did not get an installer for Cornerstone and don’t see it in the extensions. I just read that I needed to delete the old plugin and install it again but I don’t know where to get it now.

thanks for your help.

Hi again, further to this, I deleted the Cornerstone plugin that was there (older, but it was sort of working yesterday, except it wouldn’t delete anything). Then I reinstalled the X theme and Cornerstone reappeared. But I still am not able to use it - I have tried editing existing pages and posts in Cornerstone, creating brand new pages, turning off all of my plugins, etc. Nothing helps - I just get the spinning wheel whenever I try to use it.

If I were to install visual composer instead, would it read the cornerstone code, or would I have to rebuild all of the existing pages again?

thanks!

Hi @Millar,

Thanks for writing in.

If you were to install VC, you will need to rebuild all of the existing pages again because they are different.

Please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setu closer. Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi, thank you. Unfortunately my site is on my localhost in Desktop Server.

I have tried many things - updating permalinks, using Velvet Blues to reset them all, making a new site and copying the database over. I just made a brand new clean site which only has X installed and Cornerstone still won’t load.

Any ideas? I could try setting up a subdomain and installing it there… but shouldn’t it work in a completely new site with nothing in it?

Hi,

I tried cornerstone and it seems to work

https://content.screencast.com/users/Paul-VirtualWhiz/folders/Jing/media/b19ae46d-60ff-4873-885c-709791150d7a/2017-08-29_2130.png

Can you confirm if this is still an issue in your end.

Thanks

Hi,

yes I am still having the problem. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. From a page, I click on ‘edit with Cornerstone’, then a big red button comes up that says ‘edit with cornerstone’ with the logo showing. Then I get a white screen with a spinning circle and that’s all that happens.

I am using Safari on mac. I don’t understand why you are able to do it on your end?

thanks again!

Joni

Hey,

I have checked your site and I am using Safari and all looks work: http://prntscr.com/ghshie -> You can check your Safari version or any program that might be blocking it.